After putting in much thought because of peer pressure, I finally decided to start a blog of my own. Being an MBA student, it is a disgrace not to be involved in a social networking tool. Just about everywhere we look these days, social networking sites envelope us. As a matter of fact they slowly choke us to death or at least that is how it feels with the burden of having to join this and that site. If you don’t twitter, you are simply not cool these days.
Friends, don’t get me wrong, I am not blaming anyone here or pointing fingers. I am not anti-social but have pretty good reasons for not starting a blog. But today, like on most of other occasions, I am just FOLLOWING THE CROWD....
1. I have hardly any time. Though that’s not true these days but I still have other better things to do: Sleep, watch movies, scratch my head on puzzles, play games etc. Maintaining a blog wouldn’t help me manage my time better.
2. Being an enthusiastic management student, I am a voracious reader but am hardly ever satisfied with the quality of my writing. This habit of mine very often refrains me from publishing my writing. I mean why would you want to publish online something that you don’t even like?
3. If I manage to ever write something that I am satisfied with, wouldn’t I rather give it to a newspaper or magazine? That way the piece would get more publicity and I would get some money.
4. I can talk. I seriously wouldn’t need to write a blog to express myself.
5. The laptop isn’t reliable, at all. The other day, after typing up a whole mail, I accidentally shut it without saving. At least what I write on paper cannot be erased in a single click of the hand. Now, I am typing this thing in Microsoft word and transferring it to the blog- what fun!
Despite the fact that I have a number of reasons why I shouldn’t blog, I like the way my friends put it- a blog is like your email to the world. I’ve come up with a number of topics I’d like to write about. I will write, in the close future. At least I’ll try. If you see a new post on my blog by next week, assume that I had the time and the will. If not, … well, I will write.
WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!